
I told you there was a lot to talk about, and I finally got pictures to upload!
This morning I went to see Jack again while Laura was getting ready. He's off the hood and on room air again. His weight was 4lbs 4.5oz which is still normal. I figure he'll start going up in a couple of days. His bilirubin level was 13.something which is a good decline, but he's still wrapped up in the biliblanket. Speaking of which, I think the light used in the bilirubin treatments is ultraviolet. Laura and I both noticed after spending a few hours admiring him yesterday with the biliblanket glowing all around him that our eyes were burning a little. I guess they give the baby shades for good reason!
This morning I also noticed that his retractions while breathing are not anywhere near as severe as they have been. While he's still got a fairly deep dimple in the middle of his chest, it doesn't seem to retract much when he breaths anymore. Instead his belly moves up and down which looks a lot more normal to me. His breathing rate is also a bit slower.
I got up there a bit late, so I was surprised to learn that I'd still get to participate in his care time. The first thing we noticed is that he had destroyed his eye mask! It's just a little foam mask with an elastic strap, but his nurse said this is the first time she's ever seen this happen. He had torn it to shreds where the elastic strap attaches to the mask. He's obviously determined to uphold his reputation as a bit of a trouble maker...
After cleaning up the debris, I got to take his temperature (98.6) and change his wet diaper. Then I got to give him his mommy milk breakfast. Laura's doing real well staying ahead of him. He's only getting 10cc's per feeding, but they're thinking about upping his dose soon. He was starting to get a little fussy but calmed right down on a full tummy.That's it for now. We're waiting on the doctor to let us know what the plan is with Laura's bp and looking forward to our next visit with little Jackson!




2 comments:
Yippee! Thanks for the updates!
Sounds like you will have a little strong-willed one on your hands soon! :)
(and what a blessing to be able to stay in the hospital now too)
Jack has decided to take matters in his own hands.
Post a Comment